Re: acoustic bass thingy?$

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andy Seed on September 09, 2001 at 09:42:03:

In Reply to: acoustic bass thingy?$ posted by David on September 07, 2001 at 16:05:02:

: Does anyone know of a pice of equipment that you hook up to an acoustic bass somehow, there's a cord on the 'piece of equipment' that you plug into an amplifier like you would to a normal electrical instrument? In this band I'm in, people have said that they can barely hear me on the acoustic bass. So I asked my director what I should do. He then told me of that 'pice of equipment'. So I'm like it if anyone knows of that pice of equipment and how much it costs? yeah David~

Is this a wind up ?
If you really need advice on this then I happy to help but if not don't try to wind me up . The "piece of equipment" you refer to is a PICKUP and
there are huge differences of opinion in this matter - it depends largely on what type of bass you have , what strings you are using , what type of music you are playing and whether you are after just sheer volume or the subtle nuances of sound that the upright is capable of producing.
Let me know what your requirements are and I'll do my best to help you as I would anyone else. E-mail me at "".
All the best,

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]