Re: insurance

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Monte on November 12, 2001 at 11:05:31:

In Reply to: Re: insurance posted by Eddie on November 12, 2001 at 10:03:12:

: : i would like some help understanding the world of insuring a double bass. i asked my state farm folks and they said if i get paid using it they can't insure it. well, i gig and travel in addition to practicing in my room, so that's out. my bass is worth about $6k. do we have to go through independent instrument insurance firms or something? or the union?

: : ideas?

: : thanks,
: : sean p

: I'm insured by STATE FARM and because I get paid for gigs I have to pay more than if I was doing gigs for free, but they do insure me on a separate policy. I also have a homeowner's policy with them which might alter the fact that they insure me for musical inmstruments, but I'm not sure of that as a reason.

This is what I used to do, but as per my State Farm Agent, the most honest guy I know, he recommended getting special insurance from someone else. There ar two main reasons 1) It's cheaper 2) A special insurance company would have experience with claims on instruments where State Farm does not.

If your bass gets knocked off the stage and splintered into a thousand pieces, is State Farm going to pay for a rental instrument while you find a replacement? If you play in a theater in the middle of winter that is so dry that your bass cracks, are they going to cover it or just say that's wear and tear? Better ask is all I'm saying.


Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]