Bass Lessons .com - the bass resource.
Posted by Bob 'Skippy' Blechinger on March 12, 2001 at 05:25:38:
In Reply to: putting together a band biography posted by g on March 11, 2001 at 17:25:22:
: Any suggestions on what to put in a band bio for a press kit?
Here's a good list of stuff to include in a press kit, but it's by no means the end-all:
1) Bio - List members of the band, how long the band has been together, a list of notable gigs you've done (a showcase gig, opening for a major band, anything else that would be worthy of notice), a positioning statement (i.e., "An eclectic mix of funk and country"), and anything else that'll sell your band.
2) Photo - 8.5 x 11", Black & White, glossy paper.
3) Tape/CD - This can either be a casette or CD that you've released, or a tape of a number of the songs you do, just to give an idea of what your band sounds like.
4) Contact Info - Information on contacting you, your manager, your booking agent, your record company, and anyone else that might be important.
5) Press Clippings - Copies of anything positive that's been written about your band by local/area/regional/national media.
Anyone else got any additions?
Post a Followup