Bass Lessons .com - the bass resource.

3 questions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by A on September 03, 2001 at 17:01:49:

O.k. here's a few questions for you.

1) I love Ernie Ball roundwound slinky bass strings, but there are the slinky strings and there are the stainless steel bass strings. I'd only ever buy Ernie Ball strings, but is there a difference between the slinky roundwounds and the stainless steel strings ?

2) When I play my bass I have problems with my input jack (or whatever that thing you stick the lead in is called). The lead sort of rattles the jack and it makes a huge thud sound from my amp, sometimes it kind of squeels too. How do I stop this ?

3) Has anybody heard of a silencer ? I heard a rumour about a small device that you put on the end of your cable and when it is plugged into your bass it takes away the earth noise. I was told they were called silencers, but no-one seems to know anything about them.

Any help with any of this would be great.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]
Acoustic Bass - Bass Books - Guitar Books - Guitars For Sale - Bass Links - Music Theory - Saxophone Forum