Bass Lessons .com - the bass resource.
Posted by Zach (18.104.22.168) on June 18, 2002 at 00:25:56:
In Reply to: favorite bass posted by Selma on June 11, 2002 at 14:56:01:
1. Lakland - Particularly the Lakland Deluxe 55-94. This bass has a single jazz pickup along with a Music Man pickup...the best of both worlds in terms of pickups as far as I'm concerned. Dan Lakin definitely has this bass-building thing down to a science. Excellent instruments for anybody who likes to get a wide range of tones.
Here are the rest of my top 20 favorites:
2. Roscoe - amazing fat tone
4. Fender - I love a Fender jazz with some active EMGs
5. Fodera - the bass I'll NEVER afford
8. Ernie Ball Music Man
9. Conklin - a bit extreme, but amazing instruments nonetheless
10. Warwick - the new Corvette FNA Jazzman is a sweet bass
11. Ibanez - the BTB and Gary Willis models only
12. Yamaha - East and Patitucci models only
15. Ken Smith
16. Zon - I've heard the Lightwave model is pretty sweet
18. F Bass
19. Spector - preferably the SSD basses
Top 5 basses that I will NEVER play:
1. Ibanez - the EDA series is awful, and I wouldn't lay a hand on the Fieldy signature 'cause Fieldy sucks
2. Hofner - I don't dig the old "picked bass" sound...too muddy
3. Fender Mark Hoppus Bass - a suck-ass bass from a suck-ass bass player
4. Peavey - the Cirrus bass is cool, but anything other than that is tone-unfriendly
5. B.C. Rich - in a word, "shitty"
Post a Followup