Bass Lessons .com - the bass resource.

my question rephrased....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe ( on July 18, 2002 at 20:22:13:

hi again, I recently posted about "strumming" a bass. perhaps I phrased my question wrong.

what I'm wondering is what technique is used to rapidly play notes with one's right hand going way past the strings and back again (as if strumming).

I see punk bass players do this all the time. but I can't figure it out (I am very new to bass).

I can't imagine that they lower their hand to the string at just the right moment as their hand passes by.
strumming is not what I meant because I am talking about just playing one-note at a time.
also, muting the strings you don't want to hear, but strumming all of them just sounds bad. so that can't be it either!

help me out if you can.

thanks in advance!


Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]
Acoustic Bass - Bass Books - Guitar Books - Guitars For Sale - Bass Links - Music Theory - Saxophone Forum