Bass Lessons .com - the bass resource.

Re: The size of my amp

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tristan ( on March 27, 2003 at 04:41:34:

In Reply to: Re: The size of my amp posted by Greg on March 26, 2003 at 17:53:22:

: : Hi i've just begun playing in a band and I'm wondering what size I need for my amp? I only need it when we are rehearsing(our guitarist has a 60 watt).

: It depends on what kind of music u play, usually u would want an amp around the same size as guitarist's for most punk/modern, progressive rock groups but then again u might want one a bit smaller (40-50 watts) if ur playing more traditional music
: hope this helps

Another thing you might want to consider is that an all valve/tube amp is louder than a solid state amp of the same wattage. Some say a 100W tube amp is the equivalent (in volume) to a 200W solid state amp. Anyhow if you are playing with a drummer you want at least 100W. A guitarist can get by with smaller because they're in a higher frequency range, and the use of effects such as distortion can make an amp louder aswell.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]
Acoustic Bass - Bass Books - Guitar Books - Guitars For Sale - Bass Links - Music Theory - Saxophone Forum