Bass Lessons .com - the bass resource.

Truss rod direction...?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin ( on January 04, 2004 at 19:03:06:

Hey there.
-So I'm playing my bass, and I'm rather disgusted with this buzzing that goes on whenever I play my A string or E string too hard. I've already raised the bridge's "saddles", if that's what they are, to get the action up and away from the frets to reduce the buzzing. With that, it's rather hard to press down the strings when I'm messing around on the neck up close to the body. I get to thinking that there's this called a truss rod that has to do with the curvature of the neck. (I'm rather unolageable about the bass functions, all I do is play.) Right now, my neck is perfectly straight and I'm wondering that tampering with the truss rod might help reduce the buzzing...

Anyone who is more nolagealbe about basses, please help my in my mire of ignorance.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]
Acoustic Bass - Bass Books - Guitar Books - Guitars For Sale - Bass Links - Music Theory - Saxophone Forum