Bass Lessons .com - the bass resource.

Re: That Vic's darn loopin' thang

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Blisshead on February 16, 2001 at 08:01:58:

In Reply to: That Vic's darn loopin' thang posted by Doz on February 16, 2001 at 03:46:00:

: Hey, all you bass cats all over the world... Got a question: I recently got myself the "Victor Wooten bass Day '98" video, and it's so great... I love it. On some songs he does something that mekes me curious. He kinda plays one thing, that he loops into some sort of machine, then loops another thing over that, and so on, until it sounds like a whole band is playing, although it's just bass. Then he soloes over that, and it's really a neat thing... I think he controls everything with some pedals on the floor, don't know. I figure, such a thing would do wonders for ones training. What is it? What's it called? Where can I find one? Are they expensive? What brand is best? Are there other cats than Vic who uses it? Maybe someone of you guys has some personal experience with this? And so on... Anyone who has got some info, I'd appreciate it.

Sounds like something Lexicon would make, maybe roland. Bill Dickens does that loop and solo over it thing as well (I think) on the Snap Crackle and Pop CD bass solo. I would love to know what they use too. -B

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]
Acoustic Bass - Bass Books - Guitar Books - Guitars For Sale - Bass Links - Music Theory - Saxophone Forum