Re: Gibson Grabber

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by brodie on August 18, 2002 at 12:22:35:

In Reply to: Gibson Grabber posted by Deman on June 27, 2000 at 14:41:11:

Deman -
i own a 79 gibson grabber bass. similarly I got mine completely stripped of electronics and missing a pickguard. if you wanted to build the bass back to spec you would need to purchase a gibson grabber sliding pickup - they seem to be rather hard to find. what i did was to buy a p bass style bassline p/u and purchase a new pickguard to install it into. pickguards for this bass can be gotten at

: Hey Guys, here's the deal. I was visiting one of my relatives, and he showed me this bass he had been given by one of his buddies. It's a sweet little four string made by Gibson, and it has "The Grabber" engraved on the neck bolt cover on the head stock. The deal is that it has no electronics or pick guard on it. To me, It looks like it had some sort of P style pickup in it, but the cut out is pretty damn big. It also has a really big space for pots (It could hold five no problem), and it must have used a 1/4" jack on the front panel. He wants to put electronics back in it, so I said I'd look into what used to be there. He also told me that someone had told him that It might have had a sliding pickup of some sort, which is plausable by the size of the hole. The bridge is a design I've never seen before, and looks like it may have had a cover. If anyone knows anything about this bass, and could tell me, that'd be great.
: Deman

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]