Bass Lessons .com - the bass resource.

Re: insurance

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Don on November 13, 2001 at 11:41:51:

In Reply to: Re: insurance posted by Monte on November 11, 2001 at 19:32:03:

: : i would like some help understanding the world of insuring a double bass. i asked my state farm folks and they said if i get paid using it they can't insure it. well, i gig and travel in addition to practicing in my room, so that's out. my bass is worth about $6k. do we have to go through independent instrument insurance firms or something? or the union?

: : ideas?

: : thanks,

: : sean p

: Follow the link and go to Music Pro Insurance. Covered for damage while gigging, theft, basically anything but normal wear and tear. You can get $10000 worth of insurance w/ a $100 deductible for around $75 a year. Cheaper than Mertz-Huber through the union. I've never known anyone with a claim for doublebass, but I heard of a guy on tour with a country band around here that had a claim (I heard this second-hand) and got paid promptly.

: Monte
Monte, I can have the same $10,000 coverage for $20 less, with NO deductible, with Merz-Huber. The no-deductible more than pays for membership in ISB

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]
Acoustic Bass - Bass Books - Guitar Books - Guitars For Sale - Bass Links - Music Theory - Saxophone Forum