Bass Lessons .com - the bass resource.


[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RICH on February 02, 2000 at 10:30:52:

In Reply to: Re: HIPSHOT EXTENDERS posted by Gary Granger on January 31, 2000 at 22:38:58:

: : Does anyone know where I can find hipshot extenders? I'm having trouble finding some that will fit. I play a Stu Hamm "URGE" bass and the machine heads are "one of a kind". They were only made for the "URGE" bass. Any help?

: Hey Rich,

: I too play an Urge (the 32" scale-not the new ones) and at first I thought "this guy's crazy" the tuners are Gotoh GB7's. But what'dya know, the posts are about an 1/8" shorter on the Urge.

: You see, I am in the process of getting 32" fretless built, and had ordered a set of GB7's from Warmoth and compared them to ones on my Urge and whoa! The things you learn 'bout this bass in discussion groups!
: Did you know that the cross-sectional shape of the neck was asymmetric? I didn't until some guy pointed it out to me at .

: Anyway, you can order a Hipshot Gotoh-like drop D tuner from Stewart Mcdonald for about $65.00 . Then I think you could make it work by making a 1/8" spacer (say out of plexiglass or something) and locate it behind the headstock in between the tuner and the headstock. - you may have to glue it in place. But the way the bushing tightens down on the headstocků it'll adjust to any thickness. You might want to remove a tuner from your Urge to see what I mean.

: Hope this helped,
: Gary

Thank's Gary

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]
Acoustic Bass - Bass Books - Guitar Books - Guitars For Sale - Bass Links - Music Theory - Saxophone Forum