Re: Crunch Bass

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by El Pájaro on June 02, 2000 at 06:26:54:

In Reply to: Crunch Bass posted by Alex on June 01, 2000 at 16:33:42:

: I heard of something called crunch bass a little while ago, Its a sound that you can get out of your bass by using effects. And I wanted to know how to get that sound... If anyone knows how to do it please help me. And the band Manowar had a great bassist and he played this one song called "Sting of the Bumblebee" and I was wondering where i can get tabs for it.

Hey there,
I'm assuming you're talking about applying distortion to the bass. This can be done different ways, but the safest is to get a distortion pedal and try out different settings yourself. Look for pedals that don't affect the lowest frequencies of the bass signal -you want to keep your fundamentals fat and solid. Good bass distorion units split the signal so only the higher frequencies get affected.
Other way to go is to split the signal yourself (you'll need a crossover for that) and applying a full-range distortion to the high frequencies only.
Hope this helped,
El Pájaro.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]