Posted by El Pájaro on December 07, 2000 at 05:33:56:
In Reply to: Hey El Pájaro!!! posted by THE BREWMEISTER on December 06, 2000 at 00:23:57:
: Hey man thanks for the funk help back there. i was wondering if you could give me some names of some more funky songs so i can download them and listen. I appreaciate it!
: (The Brewmeister)
A list of songs with meaty basslines to chew on could go on for days, but a few of them stand out in my mind...
1) "Come on, come over" by Jaco Pastorius. This one makes for a great example of using dry, percolating 16th notes to create a great funky groove.
2) "Attitude Dance", "Monster on a Leash", "What is hip" and, for that matter, any song played by TOP's Francis "Rocco" Prestia.
3) "Le Freak" and "Good times" played by Chic's Bernie Edwards. Simple elegance that kicks out da funk.
4) Any song by Sly & the Family Stone with Larry Graham on bass.
5) Any song by Parliament-Funkadelic with Bootsy Collins on bass.
And that's as much as I can think ofright now (it`s early and I'm pretty sleepy right now, so I came up with a short list :-)), but it should be enough to get you started. It would be great if other guys could add some other songs to this list...
Hope this helped. Buena suerte and keep your basses up front in the mix,
Post a Followup