Re: damn Thomastik

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by François Blais on November 14, 2000 at 14:24:42:

In Reply to: Re: damn Thomastik posted by Valdi Kolli on November 14, 2000 at 10:01:46:

: : : Hi guys, I´m wondering which type of spirocores I have on my bass. The winding on both ends is red and on the package it says 3/4. A guy I know says this is a special set only made for one orchestra in Europe, anyways how is the winding on the Weich set?

: : The set you have is in their catalog. Nothing unusual about it.
: : The winding on the Weich set is the same, the gauge is slightly smaller.
: : The 3/4 set is also available in Weich gauge.

: So you say that the red winding is for weich? I´ve seen Spirocores red on one end and purple on the other end, what type is that? I´m asking ´cause I have a really big bass and the tension is a bit much. I´ve been trying alot of strings and I always end up with my Spirocores.

Red at both ends is medium (regular) gauge.
Weich at the peg-end is Weich (soft) gauge.
The ball-end is always red with Spirocores. That's what differentiates them from Superflexibles (blue), Dominant (purple), Precision (black).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WWWBoard ] [ FAQ ]